Re: [exim] authenticated_id in 4.63 for trusted users

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Magnus Holmgren
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] authenticated_id in 4.63 for trusted users
On Monday 31 July 2006 21:33, Tony Finch took the opportunity to say:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Dean Brooks wrote:
> > Hmm, in the release version of 4.63, I find this in spec.txt in the
> > description of $authenticated_id:
> >
> >     When a message is submitted locally (that is, not over a TCP
> > connection) the value of $authenticated_id is normally the login name of
> > the calling process. However, a trusted user can override this by means
> > of the -oMai command line option.

> Ah, Philip has been improving it :-)
>
> On further testing I see that authenticated_id is not set if a trusted
> user uses the -f option, which is what was occurring in the situations
> that caused people unexpected problems.

Were the unexpected problems caused by authenticated_id being set, or by it
*not* being set? And again, what's the idea behind not setting it in the
above-mentioned situation?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)