Re: [exim] exim suddenly stopped proper communication with s…

Author: Exim Mailing List
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim suddenly stopped proper communication with spamd
On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 09:12:16AM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> On a mail server(Debian Woody with exim4.34-9.backports,exiscan and
> spamassassin-3.0.2-0.backports) that has run a long time now and that
> was very stable a strange problem developed over the weekend and I am at
> a loss on how to correct the problem:
>
> It seems that the communication between exim and spamd broke down. In
> /var/log/mail.info I see entries like this:

Answering my own mail. The problem was a broken down switch on one
segment of the network that caused spamassassin's net-tests to fail.

The server was back to normal after the switch was replaced.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good
      courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for
      the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou
      goest."                        Joshua 1:9