Re: [exim] Delay_warning_condition - new default?

Author: John Horne
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Delay_warning_condition - new default?
On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 08:58 +0100, Jethro R Binks wrote:

> I wonder (if others agree with my feeling that the conditions you would
> not want to send an autoreply are probably the same as those for which you
> would not want to send a delay warning) if there should be a generic
> mechanism somehow for creating a condition with a value that should say
> whether an 'autoresponse' should be sent that can be tested in these
> different contexts (router conditions, global config settings). Or
> perhaps there is a means already.

Your 'feeling' seems reasonable to me. However, perhaps what is
required, as you mentioned earlier, is something to determine if a
message was sent by a human, not auto-generated. As such perhaps a
'personal' condition, similar to that in a users Exim filter file, might
be useful?

I note that the 'personal' condition in filter files does check for
'List-' headers as well as for a Precedence one :-)

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839