Re: [exim] large queues

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] large queues
Hello Peter,

Peter D. Gray <pdg@???> (Fr 28 Jul 2006 01:37:38 CEST):
> My question I guess is just how the size of the queue
> will impact the qrunner performance. For example,
> can it tell without reading the files in the queue
> that a message is frozen? Or will it have to open
> and read each file just to ignore it if it is frozen?
> It would be nice is the files did not need to be
> opened and read.

Some fast solution could be to use the 'exipick' utility to scan the
queues regularly and move the files in question to some spool

Then you can run some special queue runner exim on the on the other
spool. Or just move the files back if it is time for delivery.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -