Re: [exim] Doing recipient verification earlier in the defau…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Chris Edwards
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Doing recipient verification earlier in the default config
Marc Haber wrote:

| This means that e-mails to non-existent local addresses are passed
| through all DNS Black Lists, which is possibly expensive, before
| they're caught by recipient verification.

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

For what it's worth, we intentionally check DNSBLs before verifying the
recipient, in order to deny blacklisted spammers the ability to gleam our
usernames via dictionary attack.

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service