Re: [exim] Permission denied when connecting to the SASL AUT…

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Permission denied when connecting to the SASL AUTH daemon...
[re-sending with correct sender address]

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:43:11 -0400 (EDT), jtelep@???
wrote:
>Help! I don't know why this isn't working but quick background:
>
>Wanted to be able to encrypt messages using TLS so I turned it on the the
>/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template file, generated a certificate and found
>that I could send messages from console just fine. But whenever I try to
>authenticate against the SASL daemon running on the server it continues to
>reject my password with the main part of the message being:
>
>cannot connect to saslauthd daemon at /var/run/saslauthd/mux: Permission
>denied

http://pkg-exim4.alioth.debian.org/README/README.Debian.html, Chapter
2.3.2

Your package might have a slightly different version of the
README.Debian file, but I think that _this_ information has always
been in there.

Greetings
Marc