Re: [exim] What's the best way to secure both SMTP andPOPaut…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] What's the best way to secure both SMTPandPOPauthentication?
Subject: Re: [exim] What's the best way to secure both SMTP andPOPauthentication?
jtelep@??? wrote:

*snip* (TLS)

> Please forgive my ignorance as I have never set this up before but the
> client that I use (Thunderbird) for sending the mail does complain about
> the validity of the certificate that my server offers it when I connect to

*SNIP*

T-Bird is similar to Mozilla Mail, so:

- When the grey 'warning' box appears as you try to connect, pay attention to
the click boxes offered.

- What you want (eventually) is to accept the certificate and its Certificate
Authority permanently (or 'to expiry').

The MUA will store what it needs where it needs it.

There are menus to 'manage' certs and CA', so you can discard or replace these
later. IIRC, the stock cert will expire in one year, so you will need to create
a new one at some point, do all this again for each MUA.

HTH,

Bill