Re: [exim] Exim4 RCPT ACL

Author: Steen \"Miravlix\" Poulsen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 RCPT ACL
Thanks for the advice.

tir, 25 07 2006 kl. 11:44 +0100, skrev Tony Finch:
> I hope your users are very technical and diligent because otherwise these
> forwarders files are going to be wrong, and if they are ever right they
> will become wrong when machines are renumbered.

I don't understand this comment, the format of the .forwarders file is
pretty simple.

<ip>
<fqdn>
<name/ip with *>

Adding a simple usermin web interface to give the user a nice help
screen and way to access the file.

Auto update it by adding mail lists (use a .forwarders.dat file to store
a timestamp and remove them after say 3 months.)

This is just to prevent refusing spam, because lists and forwarders gets
upset when they receive denies.

The real question for us, is whatever we should have a refuse rule at
all, we make rules a lot more complicated and it can be argued that it's
not our decision to erase users mail.

I'm most likely going to end up using it on lix-world.net (1 user
domain, me) and use a non refusal solution for the project server.