Re: [exim] Multiple relay

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Multiple relay
Hello Miroslav,

Miroslav Jany <mj@???> (Di 25 Jul 2006 00:28:26 CEST):
> Can somebody tell me if there's a possibility to make Exim use some
> backup relay host in the case when primary relay host is unreachable?

If you're talking about the sending part of Exim: yes. Its normal
behaviour is to test the known MX in order until it succeeds.

> I have seen this feature in another MTA (Postfix), it's somehow called
> fallback_relay. Could this be made in Exim too?

I'm not sure if this is meant for something where the normal
routing/transport doesn't work. I'd guess that it's similar to
the 'fallback_hosts' routers and transport option of Exim.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -