Re: [exim] External hosts relaying with my local user RHE3 b…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Magnus Holmgren
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] External hosts relaying with my local user RHE3 box
On Sunday 23 July 2006 13:06, James Tervit took the opportunity to write:
> My knowledge of exim is pretty basic, I have however got my head around rbl
> lists and it seems to be working fine, however I can't seem to stop
> external users from other hosts connecting to my box and sending / relaying
> mail from its local users.

Can you supply some log output showing this?

> I am sure that there is a setting that can be changed to stop this and to
> allow my apps on the box to send and relay, the external relaying is
> killing my box performance at times and would appreciate any help or
> pointers to securing my exim setup so that external users cannot abuse my
> system, I have checked and it would appear that my box is not an open relay
> so I think it is an authentication issue ....

The default configuration prevents relaying of mail from unknown parties to
non-local domains. What changes have you made to the configuration? If
someone is relaying by abusing a compromised account you should be able to
see it easily in the log ("A=auth_something:user" on the incoming line).

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)