Re: [exim] Spanish Law

Góra strony
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Dla: Marc Perkel, exim users
Temat: Re: [exim] Spanish Law

--On 23 July 2006 06:22:56 -0700 Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:

> If sending the IP address of a host were illegal then the received
> header lines would be illegal.

Not true. Think of it by analogy to a telephone system. The IP addresses in
the headers are equivalent to caller-id. That's not a bad system.

Imagine now, that I were establishing a public system where I asked people
to report on incoming phone calls. Would you be happy for your phone number
to be listed with reports on how happy people were to get your calls? On a
public database? Perhaps you would - but it's not so obvious that everyone
would.

Now, I'm not arguing that anything you're doing *is* illegal. Just that you
might be wrong to state categorically that it is legal without being
specific about the jurisdiction.

> Think before you post!

Actually, I did. Thanks so much for the advice, though.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex