Re: [exim] My DNS Spam and White Lists are Ready for Testing

Góra strony
Autor: Marc Perkel
Dla: Ian Eiloart
CC: exim users, W B Hacker
Temat: Re: [exim] My DNS Spam and White Lists are Ready for Testing

Ian Eiloart wrote:
> --On 22 July 2006 20:23:32 +0800 W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:
>

>> No point seen in looking at a 'yellow' list, of servers that sometimes
>> send spam and sometimes do not. By definition, that should be most of
>> the world.
>>

> Yes, but knowing that a host has been seen sending good email is useful
> information - it might make you less likely to reject.
>
> Perhaps more useful for bayesian analysis would be a result that encoded
> the proportion of seen mail that was ranked as spam. For example, returning
> an IP address 127.0.0.xxx where xxx varied from 0 for no spam to 255 for no
> ham.

That's an interesting idea. It has crossed my mind. However some people
forward email to accounts on my server and the server they forward from
often has little or no spam filtering. That the forwarding server might
appear to be more of a spam source than normal. For example, eff.org
sends my 85% spam, but that's because they are against spam filtering
and several people with eff accounts use my filtering service. Most
people would see 100% ham from that source.

One of the problems I have which could be fixed with more data is that
most of my customers are in the US/Australia/and Northern Europe. So
Italian servers that probably send lots of good email send me only spam.
Thus Italian ISPs might get blacklisted. With more data from more
sources this wouldn't happen.