Re: [exim] handling nulls in SQL lookups

Author: Ian P. Christian
To: Martin A. Brooks
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] handling nulls in SQL lookups
Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Ian P. Christian wrote:
>> However, this will obviously return nothing if the host has never mailed
>> before, and the 'Spam total' reports as NULL
>>

> I'm not sure about sqlite but postgres has a function called
> "COALESCE"[0] which can be used to remove nulls from results. Perhaps
> sqlite has something similar.

For the record, this does work in sqlite. Must admit, I'm really very
impressed with the sqlite feature set - in my experience it does
struggle a lot under load, but that's a discussion for elsewhere I'm sure :)

Thanks Martin - I guess this is the best way to handle the problem

Regards,

--
Ian P. Christian ~ http://pookey.co.uk