Re: [exim] My DNS Spam and White Lists - Feeding me data

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] My DNS Spam and White Lists - Feeding me data
Marc Perkel wrote:

*snip*

> Everyone has to start somewhere. This is in the early stages of
> development. Right now it's security through obscurity. No one knows the
> nost and port. Once I release it to a few people I'll use firewall
> rulesto block access to only those who I have selected to feed data.

Starting 'somewhere' with a bit more in the way of credible openers would help
your cause.

It would inspire more confidence, for example, if you had said that you were
*already* blocking <whatever> and would open individual paths as folks applied
to join the experiment.

Few folk here are likely to want to damage you - I am getting too old to take on
the job of town drunk, and few others have time to waste.

But that still leaves unanswered the bigger issue recently mentioned:

if/as/WHEN someone gets it wrong and sends you a ton of IP that are
bass-ackwards - where then is your vetting or error-checking mechanism?

Methodology aside, do you even have the time and inclination to *attempt*
vetting entries? Or pruning/updating them?

RBL maintenance is not for dilletantes. Check the history.

Bill