Re: [exim] My DNS Spam and White Lists are Ready for Testing

Author: Marc Perkel
To: David Saez Padros
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] My DNS Spam and White Lists are Ready for Testing

David Saez Padros wrote:
> Hi !!
>
>> Just to fix your example, which queries both white and black lists,
>> it will be better to not query the blacklist if the host is yellow
>> or whitelisted, or better, move the warn's (white/yellow) to the bottom,
>> just after all deny's
>
> I fact, the good point here is the whitelist, which can be helpful
> to avoid rejecting mails comming from legal blacklisted servers
> (servers which send a mixture of ham/spam but where you want to
> let the content filter decide instead of the blacklist), so the
> good configuratiion could be:
>
> deny  !dnslists = dnswl.junkemailfilter.com=127.0.0.1
>       dnslists = sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org/<;\
>         $sender_host_address;$sender_address_domain :\
>            nomail.rhsbl.sorbs.net/$sender_address_domain :\
>         cbl.abuseat.org : list.dsbl.org :\
>                web.dnsbl.sorbs.net : socks.dnsbl.sorbs.net :\
>         http.dnsbl.sorbs.net

Yes except that it could be just !dnslists = dnswl.junkemailfilter.com
because if it is on my white/yellow list means that the host sends some
ham. I think in the long run it's the white lists that are going to be
more accurate than the black lists and it will be a tool for identifying
bob-spam and avoiding false positives.