Re: [exim] Exim hangs on ldap search

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim hangs on ldap search
On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 07:55:09PM -0700, lbv wrote:

> I'll try that Monday (I seem to recall AD debug wasn't that great last time I
> tried it), but the same search works fine from the command line (ldapsearch)
> so I just figured it was exim and AD not playing nice or something I did
> wrong in my exim config.
>
> I actually may have a solution using an exim call to perl to call ldapsearch
> to do the search and insert that back into the exim ldapauth.
>
> I'll post my results from the AD debug test.

I'm afraid I know very little about LDAP, but catching up after being away
for a week, I did notice a thread about AD giving out LDAP referrals, and
exim not having a call to switch them off.

http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20060710/msg00095.html

I don't know if this will help you.

Cheers

MBM