Re: [exim] Exim hangs on ldap search

Autor: Stephen Gran
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim hangs on ldap search
On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 09:03:53AM -0700, lbv said:

> That's an excellent idea. Sadly however, it still does the same thing...
>
> 11:50:27 2822 Start search
> 11:50:27 2822 ldap_result loop
> 11:50:27 2822 LDAP entry loop
> 11:50:27 2822 LDAP attr loop cn:ldaplookup
> *****************just hangs here************************

I have no idea off hand how helpful the AD logging is (openldap's blows
chunks), but I would suggest turning up the debug logging on that side
and see what's hanging up. It may be somethign simple, like a lack of
an index, making the search take forever, or it may be AD doing
something like stalling for some reason. It appears that from the
output that exim has made a successful LDAP bind, but hangs at a search.
That suggests to me something on the LDAP server side.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Oliver's Law:  Experience is something  |
|  steve@???             | you don't get until just after you need |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | it.                                     |