Re: [exim] help setting up exim -- mail not sent to domain i…

Autor: Christian Schmidt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] help setting up exim -- mail not sent to domain ithou.org
Hello Albert,

Albert Wong, 21.07.2006 (d.m.y):

> hi everyone! I'm a total newbie who just got a dedicated server and i'm
> trying to set up exim for my website. however, i'm running into some
> difficulties.

Please don't run "public" mail servers without knowing exactly what
you are doing.

> primarily this:
>
> PROBLEM: when i try to send mail from my website via exim it sends mail
> out *fine* **except** when that mail is directed to a domain that ends in
> @ithou.org -- i.e., the actual site itself [www.ithou.org]
> <http://www.ithou.org%5D> . For some reason, mail that is sent to email
> addresses that end in @ithou.org do not get sent out.

What does "exim -bt postmaster@???" tell you?

I suppose your exim doesn't know that the domain ithou.org is its
local domain.

Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
Wenn es einen Gott gibt, muß der Atheismus ihm wie eine geringere
Beleidigung vorkommen als die Religion.