[exim] help setting up exim -- mail not sent to domain ithou…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Albert Wong
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] help setting up exim -- mail not sent to domain ithou.org
hi everyone! I'm a total newbie who just got a dedicated server and i'm
trying to set up exim for my website. however, i'm running into some
difficulties.

primarily this:

PROBLEM: when i try to send mail from my website via exim it sends mail
out *fine* **except** when that mail is directed to a domain that ends in
@ithou.org -- i.e., the actual site itself [www.ithou.org]
<http://www.ithou.org%5D> . For some reason, mail that is sent to email
addresses that end in @ithou.org do not get sent out.

More specifically:

Normally, when someone comments on the thread located, for example, here:

http://www.ithou.org/node/438

email notifications should be sent to the people who have subscribed to the
thread or who have participated in or originated the thread.

Currently, email notifications are sent out, *as long as* the email address
does not end in "ithou.org". If the email address ends with ithou.org, then
it's not sent out. The error message in these cases appears to be something
like:

"lowest numbered MX record points to local host" when I use exim.

Now, I think this may be because I'm using zoneedit.com for my nameservers,
yes? But I'm not sure.

But any which way about it, I would like to be able to receive email message
subscription updates when they are sent to:

albert@???

onelove@???

and other domains ending in ithou.org.

In the mainlog file under exim it looks like, either the mail gets frozen or
"user is unknown" when I change my primary host to ithou.org. Also this
message;

2006-07-20 12:08:09 1G3ajE-0003DF-LQ == onelove@??? routing defer
(-51): r
etry time not reached
2006-07-20 12:08:09 1G3ajE-0003DI-Mc == test9@??? routing defer (-51):
ret
ry time not reached
2006-07-20 12:08:09 1G3Wsq-0002yg-6A == www@??? routing defer (-51):
retry
time not reached

my configuration file has these settings, though I've played around with
them a bunch:

primary_hostname = ithou.org

#domainlist local_domains = @ : ithou.org
domainlist local_domains = @
domainlist relay_to_domains =
hostlist relay_from_hosts = localhost

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

PS I'm using zoneedit.com for my nameservers and also their mail forwarding
service, so mail that gets sent to any_address@??? gets forwarded
correctly *as long as it's not coming from the sendmail / exim command from
the www.ithou.org website*.

thanks for your help.