[exim] Fix a broken date header?

Author: Ring, John C
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Fix a broken date header?
Does anyone have any outlines on how I might use exim (version 4.52) to
fix/replace a broken Date: header? The application in question is
sending a date header in the format:

Date: Wed, 19 07 06 12:54:28 -0500

Of course this format is broken, and we'll contact the vendor regarding
it, but in the meantime it would be nice if I can use exim to fix this.
(Microsoft Outlook displays this as "Fri 1/19/2007 12:54 PM", but since
the format's not valid, I can't really fault this as an Outlook bug.)

As this application does send a unique X-Mailer: header and I already
have the "submission/sender_retain" control option due to this very same
vendor not providing Message-ID headers in previous versions of their
software, I'm hoping I can use the following rough logic:

if X-Mailer == "broken vendor" then remove Date header

As long as I can do this before the control logic fires, it seems to me
this would be the simplest solution, rather then adding logic to rewrite
the broken header.

Does this sound like the right track?

--
John C. Ring, Jr.
jcring@???

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to
govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would
be necessary." -- James Madison