Re: [exim] Very Advanced Address Rewriting

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steffen Heil
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Very Advanced Address Rewriting
Hi

> Why the numbers instead of normal VERP syntax?

The mailing list server already exists and works the other way (right now
sending every mail distinctly).
The router below only has 4 lines and helps me to keep everything else
unchanged.

> The way you want to transfer data from the recipient address
> to the sender address makes this very hard to do nicely.

Reading the docs leads me to believe that the ${if is my problem.
The docs say, it restores $1... after "else".
If only there was a way to invoke match without ${if ...

verb_router:
driver = redirect
??? = match {${lc:$sender_address $local_part@$domain}}
{\N^(.*)-recipient@(.*) (\d*)-(.*)@(.*)$\N}
data = $4@$5
errors_to = $1-$3@$2

But that's not that important right now. I expect regular expressions to be
fast enough - especially for such small texts.
What's more interesting for me is, wether I have to expect other problems?
Things like the rcpt_max or such? What about address verification? For me it
seems this is fine. But I would appreciate some words from someone with
experience with such rewritings...

Regards,
Steffen