Re: [exim] Very Advanced Address Rewriting

Author: Steffen Heil
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Very Advanced Address Rewriting
Hi

> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.62/doc/html/spec_html/ch46.html#SECTverp
>
> > Now, for every mail to have a distinct envelope sender, I
> need to pass
> > every mail distinctly to the mail server.
>
> Nope.

But it says:
> For this to work, you must also arrange for outgoing messages that have

"-request" in their return paths to have just a single recipient. That is
achieved by setting max_rcpt to 1.

So I do need to send every mail distinctly...
What am I missing?

If I manage to get around this, here is what I understand so far:

I could use a redirect router, which places the decoded real envelope sender
using errors_to and redirects to the decoded real RCPT-adress inside.
(Remeber: rcpt to: receipient1@???$bounce1@???)
As far as I understand routers are run independently for each address, which
makes the MAX_RCPT obsolete.
I should then propably arrange to accept a lot of RCPTs for that sender.

Am I missing something?
Is there a secure way to force exim to accept EVERY RCPT independent of
every possible problem and bounce if there are problems?
(As I am using JavaMail, it might be a little hard to track down denied
RCPTs to distinct addresses...)

Regards,
Steffen