Re: [exim] sender verify and greylisting

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] sender verify and greylisting
Quoting W B Hacker:

> http://conducive.org/threading.tiff

You miss a very effective way to read mailing lists. See how it could
look like: http://plonk.de/stuff/threading.png

> And, again, will someone kindly tell me what headers leave alone so as to help
> *others*?

um... I told you a while ago per private mail, others here on the list:
at least In-Reply-To, preferrably also References.

regarding your other post:

> Those seemed to be the ones giving rise to 'thread stealing' accusations.
> Never did figure out how hitting 'reply' to a specific post I had open in the
> window could arbitarily switch to some other thread, so we applied the BFBI
> solution.

It was me that rised that. I thought it was clear what happens...
You hit reply, your MUA automatically puts the Message-Id of the message
you are replying to into the In-Reply-To header, and adds it to the
References header.
(At least that's what I think what happens, without having read the
relevant RFC, it seems to me the natural and logical way...)

By hitting reply, the message should never be shown in another thread,
unless your newly created message has no In-Reply-To, in which case
other's MUAs have to solely rely on the Subject, which you could have
changed.