Re: [exim] sender verify and greylisting

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] sender verify and greylisting
Tony Finch wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, W B Hacker wrote:
>
>>Tony Finch wrote:
>>
>>>Boggle! How do you expect a thread-aware MUA to deal with your
>>>messages sensibly when they have no thread information at all? Let
>>>alone "less" thread-aware MUAs.
>>
>>As in the screenshot: http://conducive.org/threading.tiff
>

> There's no threading there. That's just sorting by subject with some bogus
> scaffolding on the left-hand-side.

Not what is set in Mozilla, nor does it look the same if I DO sort on subkect.

...but never mind.

> Note that you don't have more than one
> level of nesting,

- for which I am grateful...

> as (for example) the pipermail archive does.
> See how Pine shows it, with nesting: http://dotat.at/graphics/pine.png
> In particular see how the "ACL to reject spam" and MailScanner threads
> have a structure that your screenshot doesn't show, and how the structure
> of various threads has been flattened by your replies.

True - but even with a 1400-wide screen, that is what I would want anyway.

Sub-branching ad infinitum may be technically correct, and certinly useful in an
environment where side-issues fell into clear categories, (Groklaw, maybe?) but
for most technical support lists the differentiation is not worth the cost of
the back-and-fill navigation.

*snip*

> References and In-Reply-To.
>
> Tony.