Re: [exim] sender verify and greylisting

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] sender verify and greylisting
Tony Finch wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, W B Hacker wrote:
>
>>David Woodhouse wrote:
>>
>>>Btw, your MUA is misbehaving -- your replies have neither In-Reply-To:
>>>nor References: headers, so they're not associated with the thread to
>>>which you replied. Please could you fix that so that you don't break the
>>>threading on the list?
>>
>>Pipermail (online archives) handles that well enough, and Mozilla Mail has no
>>problem at all with it. Which MUA is not following it?
>

> Actually, pipermail does show the problem: if you look at this thread in
> the archive you will see that your reply to David is not indented further
> to the right under David's message, so from the thread structure it
> appears to be a reply to the original message.
>
> References-based threading is not the same as sorting messages by subject.
>
> Tony.

I don't sort by subject unless looking for something like last year's license
key, but never mind.

From inspection of the archive, I think I see the sort of problem it is causing
for those with less thread-aware MUA's, and am happy to fix that.

So - which ONE (or TWO?) of the rather large number of sesame's extraneous
X-Headers should I issue a pass for in the router/transport sets these hit?

(archive deliveries, inbound and outbound, preserve them all, but on-box and
remote smtp deliveries strip them)

Regards,

Bill