[exim] exim - fetchmail : how to accept mails with non compl…

Author: Lorenzo Chiavacci
Subject: [exim] exim - fetchmail : how to accept mails with non complaint domains
Hello everyone,
I have a server with exim 4.44 and fetchmail 6.2 set up to download
emails for several accounts from a POP3 server at my ISP.
Unfortunately my ISP accepts mail of any kind without much syntax
checking so I find in my POP3 mailbox senders of this type:

<petronamatt@.com> or "Angie Ledezma" <ang@.com>

When fetchmail downloads an email with this sender I get this error message:
fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<ang@.com> SIZE=2989
fetchmail: SMTP< 501 <ang@.com>: domain missing or malformed
fetchmail: SMTP> RSET

Is there a way to force exim to accept this kind of email address and
then process the email at a later time with blackhole?

Thank you very much.
Lorenzo Chiavacci