Re: [exim] SMTP authentication with Courier userdb

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dominic Cleal
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] SMTP authentication with Courier userdb
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:55:00 +1200
"Juha Saarinen" <juhasaarinen@???> wrote:

> On 7/11/06, Wayne Pascoe <exim@???> wrote:
> >

> > I think I'm being thick, but I can't really see the major difference
> > between what is in the Wiki and what Juha posted. Could someone
> > please enlighten me?
> >
> > Also, if someone could please help me understand why the config Juha
> > posted is dangerous, I would be very grateful.
> >

> Jakob has this added:
>
> ${extract {address}
>
> I don't however follow how that makes a difference, so if Jakob
> wouldn't mind elaborating, it'd be great.

The difference seems to be in how they determine whether authentication
was successful or not.

Juha's config tests for the string "FAIL\n" - if it returns that, then
authentication fails but otherwise, on any other value, it will be
successful. If the authdaemon syntax changed, or some other fault
occurred, I would guess that it's possible the daemon could return a
different value upon a failure, making the expansion evaluate to 'yes'.

The wiki config assumes the keyword=value syntax and tests for the
'address' keyword. If that's present, then it's assumed to be
successful, otherwise it fails.

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic@???