[exim] Exim QUIT problem..

Autor: B. Cook
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: [exim] Exim QUIT problem..
Hello all,

In having a problem with someone running a baraccuda 400 appliance..

The problem is that his logs show he never took the mail from us and we
'Aborted', my exim logs (and the debug pasted below) show he took the
message and then (seeminly) trashed it b/c we didn't wait around for his
OK to our QUIT.

we came across this in the rfc (2821) pertaining to quit:

4.1.1.10 QUIT (QUIT)

    This command specifies that the receiver MUST send an OK reply, and
    then close the transmission channel.

    The receiver MUST NOT intentionally close the transmission channel
    until it receives and replies to a QUIT command (even if there was an
    error).  The sender MUST NOT intentionally close the transmission
    channel until it sends a QUIT command and SHOULD wait until it
    receives the reply (even if there was an error response to a previous
    command).  If the connection is closed prematurely due to violations
    of the above or system or network failure, the server MUST cancel any
    pending transaction, but not undo any previously completed
    transaction, and generally MUST act as if the command or transaction
    in progress had received a temporary error (i.e., a 4yz response).

# EOF

I then sent an email to the queue and debugged it being sent and found
this: (exim -v -d -M 1G0N4G-0007Ph-9L)

SMTP<< 250 Ok: queued as A2867519F3
journalling name@???
ok=1 send_quit=1 send_rset=0 continue_more=0 yield=0 first_address is NULL
no messages waiting for 64.x.241.y
SMTP>> QUIT
set_process_info: 58372 delivering 1G0N4G-0007Ph-9L: just tried
64.x.241.y [64.x.241.y] for name@???: result OK
LOG: MAIN

His appliance is showing that I have aborted and even though it issued
an OK does not show my message. He needs to take screenshots of his
appliance to show me logs.. but it says this:

Time Received:
Action: Aborted
Reason: Sender Quit
Score:
Source IP:
Delivery Status:
Delivery Detail:

I think that it is wrong that this appliance said OK and then deleted
the message because we didn't wait around for them to issue an OK to our
QUIT.. is there some setting that I might have set that is 'breaking' this?

Or is this device just this way?