Re: [exim] Retry rules, feature request

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Stefan Klatt
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Retry rules, feature request
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Stefan Klatt wrote:

> >> Yes.. but it would be helpful to know which retry rule was crying not
> >> more...
> >
> >If there is more than one host involved, there may be more than one
> >retry rule involved.
> This feature is only interesting if exim4 is used as Endnode. And there
> you can write each emailaddress with errorcode.

I'm not sure I understand. Even at an endnode, a given email address may
resolve to more than one host via multiple MX records or multiple A/AAAA
records.

> At a relay this errormsgs shold only send to a admin....

Many MTAs are both relays and endnodes.

> But it should only a option... not more... why not?

For a start, because it is a lot of work! The data is not easily
available at the right time and place, decisions about handling multiple
hosts need to be taken, and so on. I haven't really even got time to
think about this enough to see what would have to be done in order to
implement such a feature. My guess is that it would be difficult to add
to the current code. I also think this is something of a minority
requirement.

> *    tls_required    "$server error, TLS required",u=m,a=f;

> u=m    User gets minimum (like now)
> a=f    Admin gets full errormessage

If you mean admin gets an email for every delivery failure, that is
something most admins do NOT want.