Re: [exim] SMTP authentication with Courier userdb

Autor: Wayne Pascoe
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SMTP authentication with Courier userdb

On 10 Jul 2006, at 22:47, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> Quoting Wayne Pascoe:
>
>>> This SMTP AUTH setup works for me:
>>> [ . . . deletium . . . ]
>>> # End of Exim configuration file
>> I've just tested that and it works beautifully! Thanks a stack :D
>
> Note that this config is a little dangerous. You are probably
> better off
> using the config from the wiki
> (http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/FAQ/Policy_controls/Q0730).

I think I'm being thick, but I can't really see the major difference
between what is in the Wiki and what Juha posted. Could someone
please enlighten me?

Also, if someone could please help me understand why the config Juha
posted is dangerous, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

--
Wayne Pascoe    (gpg --keyserver www.co.uk.pgp.net --recv-keys 79A7C870)
"People who don't care will never understand those