Re: [exim] Dovecot authentication

Author: Renaud Allard
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Dovecot authentication
Well, in fine, I'd like all user's passwords to be stored encrypted into a kerberos server.
Exim does not support (without cyrus-sasl) DIGEST-MD5 and GSSAPI, and it doesn't support bsdauth as a password database. However, with cyrus-sasl, it supports everything I need.
Dovecot doesn't support checking anything against cyrus-sasl, but knows about GSSAPI with its own sasl library.
I don't want to use cyrus-imapd.
What I'd like is to focalize on a centralised authenticator system, and then work on it as needed to make the central authenticator to use the kerberos server. So a patch to make dovecot use exim as an authentication system would be great as exim supports everything I want when linked against cyrus-sasl.