Re: [exim] Dovecot authentication

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: W B Hacker
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Dovecot authentication
Renaud Allard wrote:

*trim*

> In fact, I must admit I would prefer a patch that would let
> dovecot authenticate against exim (which in turn supports
> cyrus-sasl libray even for PLAIN, LOGIN,...).

You don't need any patches for that, only minor compile-time
flags and appropriate configuration file settings.

Both Exim and Dovecot will use the auth methods they are told to
use and will seek the UID:GID and PWD from whatever source(es)
you point them to, plain, crypted, or both.

As an SSL 'tunnel' also protects the UID and message content as
well as the <plain> password, we consider it the best and
simplest approach [1].

Bill

[1] With older MUA that lacked SSL/TLS, we used 'stunnel'.