Re: [exim] Random number generation in an ACL

Author: Ian P. Christian
To: exim-users
CC: Chris Lightfoot
Subject: Re: [exim] Random number generation in an ACL
On Thursday 06 July 2006 17:45, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> Does your database have a rng function? If so you can call
> through to that. I don't think there's one in Exim exposed
> to the string expansion functions (at least, I couldn't
> find one when I looked the other day).

well, possibly.. I just didnt' want to do the query at all unless it was
needed - but I dunno which adds the more overhead, using perl (this is my
only use for perl, without this it wouldn't be used at all) or calling a
query like...

delete * from table where age > 1 day and rng(1000) == 1;

I presume by you're comment that you wanted to do this too? Is a feature
request in order here?

--
Ian P. Christian
http://pookey.co.uk