Re: [exim] Recursive Lookups

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: W B Hacker
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Recursive Lookups
Timothy Arnold wrote:

> Hi Bill
>

>>We store the forward/alias destination info in the same user DB,
>>where it may remain in-place indefinitely, as we also store a
>>boolean flag to indicate if it is active/inactive. Same with
>>'vacation' messages, account active/inactive, etc.
>

> We also have a DB which stores forwards/aliases which are used on our
> inbound relays. This works as expected and allows aliases to refer to
> other aliases in the same domain.
>
> As we are resolving the local user, this appears to break. I am not
> actually sure why this is so I will need to do some more investigations!
>
> Thanks
> Tim

Local users may 'break' in that circumstance if:

- they are not in the DB with other users

- a router exists that:

--- precedes the DB-dependent router

--- references ~/etc/master.passwd, shadow password file, or
equivalent shell-account-holder DB's

One can modify such routers to reference the desired DB,
re-order them, remove them, or even deny messaging capability
outright to most shell account holders, which we do also. They
have to use a 'conventional' account and external MUA.

Bill