[exim] Non-SMTP ACL's

Author: Ross Boylan
To: exim-users
CC: ross
Subject: [exim] Non-SMTP ACL's
I'd like to double check something that I don't see explicitly in the
manual, though it seems to be implicit.
The only ACL's run for non-SMTP mail are acl_not_smtp and, if available,
acl_not_smtp_mime, right?

I think acl_not_smtp_mime needs to be listed in "Specifying when ACLs
are used", section 39.2 of the 4.6 spec. And maybe an explicit answer
to my question, if it's not there already. (The lack of the mime acl
was actually what started me thinking maybe other acls ran under
non-smtp conditions. )

Also, while I'm double-checking the obvious, if fetchmail delivers mail
to exim via 127.0.0.1, that *is* an smtp delivery, right?  And hosts =
127.0.0.1 will match it?
http://slett.net/spam-filtering-for-mx/exim-firstpass.html in A.4.4
seems to indicate that hosts = : is the matching condition for "local
SMTP (i.e., not over TCP/IP)".  Is that a reference to using Unix
sockets instead?
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 514-8146
185 Berry St #5700                               ross@???