[exim-dev] libsrs_alt, exim

Author: Miles Davis
To: exim-dev
CC: miles
Subject: [exim-dev] libsrs_alt, exim
This question may be slightly off topic -- does anybody have libsrs_alt + exim
working in a mixed i386/x86_64 environment? I migrated a mail server to x86_64
this morning, only to discover that there is a problem with srs on the 64 bit
machine, as it was not able to reverse the srs address:

--------> srs_inbound router <--------
local_part=srs0=uxfnr7=au=stanford.edu=miles domain=cs.stanford.edu
SRS Rewriting as
calling srs_inbound router
SRS initialized
srs_reverse failed (srs0=uxfnr7=au=stanford.edu=miles@???): Hash
verification failed (forged)
srs_inbound router forced address failure
----------- end verify ------------

Looking into it, running an srs forward on the 32-bit machine gives different
results from the 64-bit one:

32-bit:
srs --secret=foo --alias=cs.stanford.edu --forward miles@???
SRS0=vsbszV=AU=stanford.edu=miles@???

64-bit:
srs --secret=foo --alias=cs.stanford.edu --forward miles@???
SRS0=RU4dln=AU=stanford.edu=miles@???

Shouldn't those be the *same*? Is there some non-64-bit safe code that I need
to fix?

--
// Miles Davis - miles@??? - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities