Re: [exim] Condition rule, matching Subject header

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Condition rule, matching Subject header
Peter Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to act on messages which contain a particular string in their subject. I've
> created the following rule:
>
>   warn message = Subject: something else
>         condition = ${if eq {$h_Subject:}{something}{yes}{no}}

> To my knowledge, any message with "something" as the subject should have the subject
> rewritten to "something else".
>
> Ensim seems happy with it's syntax (no warnings either at start up or during mail
> processing), but the subject is never changed, so I'm assuming the condition never
> matches.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter Smith

Look at the full headers of the resulting message and see if it
now has TWO "Subject:" headers.

Exim is more likely to have added a header (permissable) than
modified the original one (frowned upon).

- though you can also re-order and/or remove headers, those are
separate steps.

FWIW, RFC's and smtp protocol aside, deleting or modifying key
headers (Subject:, To:, From:, timestamp, messageID, & routing
information especially) is also prohibited by statute in some
countries.

Bill