Re: [exim] White List and Yellow List DNS Servers - Proposal

Author: John W. Baxter
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] White List and Yellow List DNS Servers - Proposal
On 7/1/06 8:44 AM, "Marc Perkel" <marc@???> wrote:

> 1) Whitelisted servers can bypass spam filtering.
> 2) Yellow listed server would bypass blacklist testing.
> 3) Blacklisted servers are bounced without spam filtering
> 4) Yellow and Unlisted email is processed with Spam Assassin for spam
> testing
> 5) Statistical feedback on hosts to the various lists.

You need to slip user control in there somewhere. Say Customers A and B
absolutely insist on getting mail from server outmail.example.com and
everyone else is sure all mail from there is spam.

Yes, you could yellowlist outmail.example.com and deal with per-user
SpamAssassin (or pre-SpamAssassin) setings for it. There might be a better
way.

I am NOT saying I don't like your idea.

Organizationally, it would be difficult to implement sitting in the United
States, with all the lawyers we have sitting around looking for fees.

--John