Re: [exim] Exim with Amavis with SpamAssassin and ClamAv

Author: Martin Hepworth
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim with Amavis with SpamAssassin and ClamAv

MailScanner does things the same way, but this does give advantages as
well...

Means you can easily track what messages got 'deleted' on the way and replay
them is required (reduces false positive problems), accept email for later
processing when the content scanner is down for some reason.

Personally I also drop unknown users on the MTA, as this reduces my load by
over 70%. Yes there are the directory harvesting issues (currently going
on), but it's not so much of an issue as the reduction in workload overcomes
the fact that the spammers can guess valid email addresses better..

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

the system manager.