Re: [exim] SQL problems quoting -- second ' eaten up

Author: Rory Campbell-Lange
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] SQL problems quoting -- second ' eaten up
My original email was rather confusing. I've tried to clarify below:

On 28/06/06, Rory Campbell-Lange (rory@???) wrote:
> I am try to insert header information into a postgresql 8.1 database
> from exim 4.62 (Debian testing).

This is the real question:

what is happening to the second ' for some variables?

>      warn log_message = ('$message_id', \
>                          'MSPATH',  \
>                          '$h_date',  \
>                          '$h_subject',  \
>                          '$recipients',  \
>                          '$h_from',  \
>                          '$h_to',  \
>                          '$h_cc',  \
>                          '$message_size')

> Which led to the following log line:
> Warning: ('1FvNYX-0007mk-Ig', '2006-06-28/1FvNYX-0007mk-Ig', ' ' 'x@???', ' ' ' '38')

I'm flummoxed. I've now reverted to use a system filter sending a list
of exim variables to a perl script that essentially does what my acl sql
insert is intended to do . I'd like to cut out the system filter + perl
script steps if possible.

Thanks for any insight.
Rory

--