Re: [exim] exim and clam going nuts

Author: Renaud Allard
To: John Oxley
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim and clam going nuts
I already had a problem like this on some servers. It seems it was a
problem with a (purposely?) malformed mime in a message. This caused
clam to go totally nuts an push the load average to an end (got about
5000.0 on a server). Now I reject every message with a "medium" mime
error, and I never got the same problem again. So it seems to me it's a
clam problem, not really an exim one.

        drop
        condition       = ${if > {$mime_anomaly_level}{1}{true}{false}}
        message         = This message contains a MIME error
($mime_anomaly_text)
        log_message     = MIME Error ($mime_anomaly_text)

--
Nikademus
http://www.octools.com

.O.