Re: [exim] syslog(-ng) facility not getting everything?

Author: Rob Munsch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] syslog(-ng) facility not getting everything?
From Thomas Hochstein:

You are sure *Exim* is logging *anything* to your central host?

...not any more, no...

then Philip Hazel wrote:

>>LOG_FILE_PATH=:syslogto the beginning of main worked well enough;
>>

>What exactly do you mean by that? LOG_FILE_PATH is a build-time configuration setting.

Oh brilliant... and here it is for posterity:
"LOG_FILE_PATH in /Local/Makefile/ or by setting log_file_path in the
run time configuration."
(Spec 48.1 of exim 4.50 guide).

So my eyes glossed over the case difference and i assumed the various
daemon messages to be from exim, harhar.
Your statement about this being a macro answers why the config didn't
complain; it's structurally valid, but like Chomsky's famous sentence,
it's structurally valid nonsense. Oh well.

Thank you all! I'll go sit in the corner now.

--
Rob Munsch
Solutions For Progress IT