Re: [exim] Queue priority

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Eduardo Díaz Comellas
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Queue priority
On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Eduardo Díaz Comellas wrote:

> Maybe the "right way" to do this is to split the queue in
> several directories (one for each priority level) and then work out an
> algorithm to run the queue.
>
> It may be worth to try to add this to exim (if the main architects of exim
> think that this is an interesting feature). I'll try to work this out if
> such interest exists.

The following item is on the Wish List:

(313) 21-Jan-05 ? Multiple queues

Exim runs poorly if its queue gets too big. Various ways round this are all
to some extent kludges. There has been a suggestion of using multiple
directories instead of just "input". (Originally it was for a whole set of
spool directories, but that introduces complications with the hint files.)
On message arrival, somehow a selection of "input" must be made. Then queue
runners must be startable for the different "queues". Don't forget that the
"msglog" directory is also involved. Perhaps add a new level of indirection:
/var/spool/exim/queue1/{input,msglog}, /var/spool/exim/queue2/....

However, I have not had time/effort/inclination to even start to think
about this possibility.