Re: [exim] greylisting on second mx?

Author: Herb Martin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] greylisting on second mx?
> Am I right in think if you implement grey listing you need to
> do it on all your mx to get the desired affect?

Yes, in general, you should do it for both, AND
you should do it with an integrated system so that
a temp reject by one MX is understood by the other
when a resend is attempted (either too soon or after
sufficient wait.)

> I did a test run on my test server and some ( not all only small
> percentage ) mail once temporarily rejected would slip
> through from my secondary mx.
> This is just some thing I am looking into at the moment and
> may not use at all but I thought it was worth a look

Yes. And if you implement on 2nd MX then it
really should not temp reject something already
rejected by other MX sufficient minutes ago.

--
Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
HerbM@??? http://LearnQuick.Com