Re: [exim] Using GeoIP to block spammers - anyone?

Página Inicial
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
Para: Odhiambo G. Washington, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Using GeoIP to block spammers - anyone?
Quoting Odhiambo G. Washington:

> | them by SMTP AUTH or fixed IPs. That should give you the facility to
> Yes and yes. I already do that. However, it has not stopped spammers
> from connecting to it, which is why I am looking at this other option.

Ok, but what's the big deal about them connecting to your server? Are
they so many that you have excessive load or something?

I think there's no reliable way to do what you want without client side
changes. If the latter would be ok, though, a good way is WB's
suggestion: Only allow incoming connections to 587 (and 465/smtps for
the u$ clients) and block people which are not trusted (IP) or
authenticated at MAIL FROM or RCPT TO.