Re: [exim] bash or perl question

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: Gareth Hastings
CC: exim-users, Jack Bailey
Assumpte: Re: [exim] bash or perl question

Gareth Hastings wrote:
>> How about:
>>
>> cat file | awk -F. '{ printf("%s.%s.%s.%s\n", $4, $3, $2, $1); }'
>>

> Ah, I forgot you could specify the delimiter with -F!!
>
> cat file | awk -F. '{print $4"."$3"."$2"."$1}'
>

> (Less typing than above!!!!)
>

> Gareth

Thanks Gareth - I'm testing it today and will post the results. This is
a really easy addition and if it works well the others will find it
useful. It is especially useful for people processing over a million
messages a day and it should reduce FP, increase speed, reduce system
load. I'm just messing with the threashold settings to see how many
hosts I can automatically whitelist without accidentally letting spam
bypass the filters.