Re: [exim] two stage virus scan

Autor: Chris Lightfoot
A: David Saez Padros
CC: exim-users, Marten Lehmann
Assumpte: Re: [exim] two stage virus scan
On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 08:13:27AM +0200, David Saez Padros wrote:
    [...]

> >Dropping delivery error notifications on the
> >floor based on some heuristic is incorrect;
>
> it depends on the heuristic

No, obviously not -- you may want to look up the
definition of ``heuristic''.

    [...]

> >Generally speaking I don't think that mail server
> >administrators, who I guess are the main audience of this
> >list, should be putting any effort into making email less
> >reliable.
>
> Mail is more reliable when you have only good mail in your inbox
> and do not have to delete hundreds of iditic bounces.

Why are you allowing invalid bounces through to users'
mailboxes? They are trivial to filter.

--
``Man is an exception, whatever else he is. If it is not true that a divine
being fell, then we can only say that one of the animals went entirely off