Re: [exim] Adding Headers in QUIT ACL

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Adding Headers in QUIT ACL
Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 19/06/06, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
>

>>Philip Hazel wrote:

>>>Because there is no message that is currently being received. Isn't that
>>>pretty obvious?
>>>

>>Not really obvious. It depends on how it's coded. If you do it right the
>>quit can execute before and during the end of the smtp session you could
>>still modify the message in the buffer before sending it on.
>

> Which message would you like it to modify? One of the 1-to-n messages
> which have already been processed, or the one it was in the middle of
> receiving when the 'QUIT' caused it to be abandoned?
>
> Peter

Hmmm.... or perhaps the one that logged this:

2006-06-19 21:23:16 1FsRAE-000HXH-9j <=
exim-users-bounces+wbh=conducive.org@???
H=sesame.csx.cam.ac.uk [131.111.8.41]:2938 I=[203.194.153.81]:25
P=esmtp S=3298 id=449714DD.4080500@??? T="Re: [exim]
Adding Headers in QUIT ACL" from
<exim-users-bounces+wbh=conducive.org@???> for
wbh@???

2006-06-19 21:23:16 1FsRAE-000HXH-9j => wbh <wbh@???>
F=<exim-users-bounces+wbh=conducive.org@???>
P=<exim-users-bounces+wbh=conducive.org@???> R=db_user
T=db_delivery S=2492 QT=3m10s DT=0s
2006-06-19 21:23:16 1FsRAE-000HXH-9j Completed QT=3m10s

But when grepped was in the dovecot indices, but not in the fs:

conducive# grep -r 449714DD.4080500@???
/data/mail/conducive.org/wbh/Maildir/
Binary file
/data/mail/conducive.org/wbh/Maildir/dovecot.index.cache matches

..... and after several minutes of head scratching and
searching was found to match the 'marc@???' entry in the
Mozilla Mail MUA 'Idiots' filter, which had deleted it, unread.

*Sigh*... "Irish Alzheimers"

But I s'pose one could add get the effect Marc wants by piping
/dev/urandom to a script that could add headers, then modify them?

Bill