Re: [exim] connection refused by exim

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] connection refused by exim
Hello enediel,

enediel gonzalez, 07.06.2006 (d.m.y):

> I have debian PC with exim4 relaying a domain that internally is managed by
> exchange. This PC with exim is the antispam and antivirus of the domain.
>
> executing
> tail -F /var/log/exim4/mainlog
>
> I clearly notice that from internet this exim is being attacked, somebody is
> trying to send email to unexistent accounts on this domain.
>
> Please I need to configure exim to allow a maximum of connections per ip on
> internet, and at the same time to have a list of valid accounts on the
> domain to refuse the emails without send them to the internal server.

You can either create a text file containing valid local parts or use
sender verification via smtp callout.
When choosing the latter make sure that your Exchange does not accept
mails to invalid accounts.

You'll find several examples on both solutions searching the web.

> te exim is refusing connections from valid servers for this cause.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help, I don't have a big experience with exim

When running exim in a productive manner you _must_ make sure that you
get familiar with it. Otherwise we all can suffer from possible server
leakage.

Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
Sogar in unserer Erinnerung ist uns die Vergangenheit als Fülle
früherer Erinnerung schön.