Re: [exim] two stage virus scan

Página Inicial
Autor: Marten Lehmann
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] two stage virus scan
Hello,

> what is really stupid is to receive each day hundreds of virus
> warning messages related to messages you never sent. Reject at
> smtp time or eat you own stupid bounces.

yes, that's true.

I have a new idea to solve my problem: Perl.

I haven't worked with Perl in exim yet, but I could image to write a function
that recursively checks if any of the recipients or internal redirect targets
of the recipients or interal redirect targets of internal redirect targets of
the recipients (and so on) ends up in a mailbox that requires a virus scan.

Is it possible to define a function which I could use in the acl_check_data
like this:

acl_check_data:
deny malware = *
condition = ${if eq{requiresVirusScan{$local_part@$domain}}{true}}
message = Your message contains a virus ($malware_name).

Of course I cannot not check for recipients in the acl_check_data because it
will be run only once for all recipients. But it could work in general,
couldn't it?

Regards
Marten